- Created: May 5, 2013
- Updated: December 12, 2017
- Distance19.62 km
- Time0 s
- Speed0.0 km/h
- Min altitude20 m
- Peak674 m
- Climb776 m
- Descent775 m
HELLY HANSEN 2013 KILLARNEY ADVENTURE RACE.
69 KM ROUTE.
Register Here: www.killarneyadventurerace.ie
Stage 5 Mangerton Mountain Run or Walk
- Start: Dundag Beach on the shores of the Lakes of Killarney
- Finish: Torc Waterfall Transition (Summit is Devils Punch Bowl)
- Distance: 18Km
- Description: After the Kayak your mountain Run / Walk awaits. Starting by going under a 250 year old tunnel under the road, competitors will ascend up the steps at Torc Waterfall and follow forest tracks to the base of Mangerton Mountain. From here a mountain track leads to the Devils Punch Bowl
- Terrain: Walking trail, stone steps, forest track, mountain track, railway sleepers.
- Features: From the summit you have panoramic views across the entire Killarney National Park, the Lakes of Killarney and as far as Kenmare Bay.
- Cut off point: Competitors who do not reach the top of Torc Waterfall Steps by 2.00pm will not be allowed to continue to Mangerton and must then complete the Torc Mountain Route.
To see the route, use our Map of Ireland and Sat Nav tools on our website and our GPS maps on our free ActiveME iPhone and Android App to find and follow the route. Feel free to send us your photos and add you own star rating, comments or suggestions below.