Best Places to Visit and Holiday in Ireland
Ireland is home to some of the worlds best scenery, friendliest cities, heritage and UNESCO sites, walking trails, cycling routes, scenic driving routes, beaches, golf courses, fishing, famous literary giants, Mythology, Folklore, family holiday destinations, Movie filming locations and more. Hopefully our Top lists and Best of Travel Guides can help you choose your perfect holiday destination in Ireland, give you plenty of holiday ideas and itineraries and also help you plan your vacation, day trip or weekend away.
Ireland regularly makes it in the Top 10 worldwide travel destinations from a wide range of influential travel guide publications including Lonely Planet, Trip Advisor, National Geographic, online travel blogs and other large news publications. Some recent accolades include:
- Ireland named in Top 10 worldwide travel destinations 2015 by Lonely Planet
- Co. Kerry named No.2 in Europe’s 10 best places for family holidays 2015 by Lonely Planet
- Killarney, Co. Kerry named in Top 25 Travel Destinations in Europe 2015 by TripAdvisor
- Lonely Planet says 2015 is the ‘year of the Wild Atlantic Way’
- Ireland in Top 5 Walking and Hiking Destinations in the world – National Geographic
- Galway, Dublin and Cork voted worlds friendliest cities 2015 – Travel and Leisure magazine.
- Dublin Literary Walking Trail named in worlds Top 10 literary walking tours – Lonely Planet
Ireland’s Top Travel Destinations
Like Ireland’s worldwide awards, there are also numerous Top 10 and Top 20 lists of the top destinations, tourist towns and places to visit in Ireland from a variety of Irish and international influential travel guide publications. For example Tripadvisors Top 10 Destinations in Ireland 2015 were 1) Killarney, 2) Dublin, 3) Dingle, 4) Galway, 5) Donegal, 6) Westport, 7) Cork, 8) Sligo, 9) Doolin, 10) Tralee.
ActiveMe looked at a variety of factors which influence a Top Travel Destination including nearby attractions, places to see, things to do, scenery, the destination as a base to explore the nearby area, family friendliness, atmosphere, value for money, the number of people searching our travel guides and more. The ActiveMe Top Destinations in Ireland 2015 are: