Castle Caldwell Forest park is located four miles from Belleek at the western end of Lower Lough Erne. Before entering the Castle grounds for an easy grade walk, stop and look at the Fiddler’s Stone – an interesting warning to fiddlers of yesteryear. The walk around Castle Caldwell takes in manmade and natural wonders. The dark and overgrown ruins of thecastle (originally built in 1612); a stone kiln built in limestone rock and a half-moon limestone bench along the shoreline. Natural beauty is all around – part of the shoreline is a National Forest Nature Reserve. There are also fine views across rolling farmland, Lough Erne and the Magho Cliffs. This is a birdwatching paradise. Many of the offshore islands are designated bird sanctuaries and the RSPB monitors the area because birds, such as the Common Scooter, are regular visitors.