County Kerry is blessed with some of Irelands best walking trails and hiking routes. From stunning coastal walks to hiking Ireland’s highest mountain, Carrauntoohil at 1,039m (3,409 ft) you can enjoy a range of mountain walks, lower level waymarked Loop Trails and 3 National Waymarked Walking Trails including Kerry Way, Dingle Way and North Kerry Way. For those adventurous walkers why not take a dip in Irelands highest lake, Loch Choimín Uachtarach (Cummeenoughter) at 707m when kwalking Carrauntoohil and for those who like bagging peaks, Kerry is home to the top 12 highest mountains in Ireland. For those who like lower level walks, why not walk Ireland’s longest sandy beach at 37km long located on Tralee and Brandon Bays. Embrace our Pagan past or Christain heritage and walk some of Irelands best ancient trails including Brandon Mountain and Drung Hill.
A map of South Kerry’s waymarked trails are below:
Take this Map onto your Google Maps App and use GPS !!! Following these steps:
- You need a gmail.com email address (google account) and log in
- You need the Google Maps App downloaded on your phone
- Click the Star and this will save the map to your Google Maps App
- Open your Google Maps App
- Click the ‘3 lines’ icon on top left of App
- Click ‘Your Places’ icon
- Click the ‘Maps’ button (you may have to swipe left to see button)
- Select the save map and it will appear on your Google Maps App
- Your location will be highlighted with pulsating blue dot
- Click on screen to find additional info
- Additional functions – ‘3 lines’ icon on top left of App
- Click ‘Offline Maps’ and follow simple instructions to save map tiles offline to save data use or for area of bad mobile signal.
- Click ‘Share Location’ and follow instructions to share your real-time location so family and friends know where you are