- Created: August 17, 2015
- Updated: December 12, 2017
- Distance14.47 km
- Time0 s
- Speed0.0 km/h
- Min altitude21 m
- Peak123 m
- Climb170 m
- Descent169 m
Continuing on walk past the old Derreenard National School closed since the 1960s, and here there are panoramic views of Roaring Water Bay and Ballydehob, with Mount Kidd (800ft) in the background.
At the T-junction take a short detour to Derreenard Bridge - which featured in the War of Independence when it was booby trapped by the military and made safe by two locals volunteers.
Corravoley has a former school (closed in the 1950s) and teacher’s residence - an example of the way things were. These are now privately owned. Some remains of Corravoley Church of Ireland (1830) can also be seen on the right.
Points of Interest:
• Old rectory/school house/creamery – all closed
• Ruins of church and Teachers house
• Derreenard bridge
• Kilcoe R.C. Church – its rose window inside designed by L. Clarke/Harry Clarke Ltd.
• Old Bridge at Kilcoe (Meen Bridge)