We look out on an ever-changing vista of mountain, cloud and sunshine. Our Pod Páirc is a safe and homely place for your family holiday or weekend away. It is also a perfect venue for couples with miles of walkways and river banks to wander along. Larger walking groups also come to avail of our group rates and wonderful facilities. Often people just come solo to take time out on their own. For the adventure enthusiast, there is walking, cycling and cross country running in the challenging landscape surrounding us. Our working cattle farm with its sheep, hens and ducks is a hive of interest for young and old alike, and you will enjoy meeting our dog “Daisy”.
Here you will find a genuine welcome, clean modern facilities, stunning scenery and a real retreat from the busyness of life. The Top of the Rock is reasonably priced and is an experience not to be missed.
We have three types of PODS:
• Standard: for 3 adults or a small family. Heat, light, and camp beds. Linen & towels not included.
• Family: for 5 adults or a larger family: heat, light, camp beds & mattresses. Linen and towels not included.
• Luxury: as in picture: includes a mini-kitchen, table, double bed, pull-out sofa and toilet/washbasin.
FACILITIES on site:
• Modern, spacious showers and toilets
• Fully-equipped communal kitchen
• Table tennis and pool table room
• Fully-fitted laundry and drying room
• Large upstairs lounge/reception/info area with free WiFi, children’s toys and a dining area overlooking the hills
• Children’s playground and camp-fire area
• Open farm with the donkey, cows, sheep, goats, ducks and Daisy our dog
• Fifty-minute riverside walk around our farm and wild bird conservation areas
CAMPERVANS and Camping:
Six fully-serviced hard stands and two tent pitches.
WALKING CENTRE: Our Walking Centre is a large multipurpose space occupying the first floor of our main Pod Páirc building. It can hold up to 80 people for a function, yet it is equally suited to a small group sitting round having coffee. A bright well-appointed room, it has a panoramic view over the hills and valleys towards Castledonovan.
Since walking is the main tourism activity in this part of West Cork we have designed our centre to be of maximum benefit to people who want to walk the long and short distance trails around Drimoleague and further afield. We are also available to give personal assistance to people in terms of advice on suitable walks. On occasion we are available to lead group walks/pilgrim retreat walks. We can also arrange transport to and from walking destinations on the Sheeps’ Head and St Finbarr’s Pilgrim Way and we can put arrange accommodation along the route for you, and luggage transfers if required. For full details of our special seven day Sheep’s Head/St Finbarr’s Pilgrim Way Walk please see www.westcorkwalking.com
Book with us now, David and Elizabeth Ross